WE HAVE RECOVERED MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR INJURY VICTIMS AND THEIR FAMILIES
Understanding Government Liability For Injuries Caused By Hazardous Roads Or Defective Traffic Signs
There are numerous causes of terrible car accidents. Everything from driver error to an auto manufacturing or design defect can potentially cause a serious collision. Another hazardous cause of a car accident is a poorly designed or maintained highway or road.
If you were involved in an accident and the design or maintenance of a roadway or traffic sign was a direct variable in your accident, you may be able to file a claim or lawsuit for compensation. Depending on where the accident took place, the government or local municipality may be held liable for your injuries.
We know that this time in your life may be difficult. At The Law Office of Scott Righthand, P.C., you can be confident that your case is in good hands. Call us at 415-544-0115.
Types Of Highway Defects
Certain things that may point to highway design fault include:
- Malfunctioning traffic signals or damaged traffic lights, stop signs or railroad crossing arms
- Signs with poor visibility, obstructed signs, missing or damaged signs including yield signs, curve or one-way signs
- Lack of warnings for fallen power lines, work crews or other road hazards
- Missing or faulty safety equipment, including crash barriers and guard rails
- Poor road maintenance involving potholes, roadway obstructions or flooding
- Lack of share the road signs, or lack of bikeways
- Lack of crosswalks or safe crossing areas
Choose The Law Office Of Scott Righthand, P.C., To Handle Your Claim
If you believe you have sustained injury because of any of any of the above, our team at The Law Office of Scott Righthand, P.C., can assist. We have decades of experience, employ the use of professionals, crash analysts and city reports to help determine if road design or maintenance played a part in your accident.
Our firm is not afraid to actively pursue compensation and aggressively defend the rights of our clients.
Call Our Office Today At 415-544-0115
If you were involved in a highway accident, contact The Law Office of Scott Righthand, P.C., to speak with an experienced San Francisco car accident attorney today. You can also complete a free case evaluation form to get started.