WE HAVE RECOVERED MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR INJURY VICTIMS AND THEIR FAMILIES
Recovering Compensation For Children Injured At Birth And Their Families
Childbirth is a delicate medical process. It can lead to bruising, swelling or edema that can result from standard medical techniques and proper care. Most of these injuries have a favorable rate of recovery. However, more serious injuries, such as hypoxia-induced cerebral palsy, are not easily remedied, if at all.
Because of this serious risk, it is of the utmost importance that doctors, nurses and other medical care providers follow proper protocol and standards of care for childbirth in order to prevent devastating birth injuries. If your child has sustained serious birth trauma or injury, you should speak with a legal professional who can assess whether or not the injury was caused by medical malpractice.
Call 415-544-0115 for a free case evaluation.
Extensive Legal Experience
At The Law Office of Scott Righthand, P.C., our team is ready to help. Our seasoned attorneys have years of experience handling a variety of personal injury cases, including medical malpractice situations.
Our lawyers can help to determine if you or your child has been the victim of improper medical care, and we will take steps to recover just and deserved compensation for those injuries.
Past Representative Cases
We have successfully recovered compensation for a wide range of birth injuries including a failure to:
- Adequately monitor the fetal heart rate
- Respond in a timely fashion to fetal distress as indicated on the heart rate monitor
- Perform a timely cesarean section
- Respond in a timely fashion to uterine rupture
- Monitor amniotic fluid in a postdate pregnancy
- Adequately record the correct delivery date
- Offer the option of a C-section when multiple risk factors are at play
- Monitor the fetus continuously with use of certain drugs during induction of labor
- Monitor the administration of drugs to augment or induce labor
- Administer the correct dosage of the induction drug being administered
- Treat infection evident in birth mother in labor
- Treat preeclampsia
- Test for fetal well-being where indicated before labor
- Use forceps or vacuum extractors appropriately in delivery
Cerebral Palsy And Other Birth Injuries
Most of the actions outlined above can potentially cause cerebral palsy, an umbrella term for brain injury leading to a group of permanent disorders that impede the development of bodily functions, including movement and nerve functions.
However, there are many other physical, developmental and cognitive birth injuries not listed here that can result from medical malpractice and negligence.
Let Us Help You
If you are a parent who is grieving the loss of a child or witnessing your child suffering because of the errors performed by negligent doctors, nurses, hospitals or OB-GYNs, contact us to talk about your situation.
Act Quickly. Statute Of Limitations Applies.
It is important to act quickly. There are only two years from the date of the occurrence to file a claim. Call 415-544-0115 or send our team an email. We can help answer your questions and concerns about the legal process.