Scott Righthand is the principal of the Law Office of Scott Righthand, PC in San Francisco. He and his firm represent Plaintiffs in serious and catastrophic injury cases in the genres of products liability, personal injury and medical malpractice.
Mr. Righthand began in Plaintiffs practice in 1982 and became partners with James Bostwick soon thereafter in San Francisco. In 1992 he founded the Law Office of Scott Righthand, P.C. Over the course of his career, he has litigated and tried products cases, accident cases, malpractice cases, catastrophic injury cases of all types in jurisdictions throughout the state.
He was selected for inclusion in the list of Northern California Super Lawyers® for 2007-2015. He is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, and has been chosen for the distinguished group of The Best Lawyers in America for 2009-2015 inclusive. He has been included in the Martindale Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers for more than 20 years to date.
Mr. Righthand has, until recently, done his own appellate work on his cases and is responsible for several appellate decisions including McDaniel vs. Sunset Manor Co. (1990) 220 C.A. 3d 1; Evan F. v. Hughson United Methodist Church (1992) 8 C.A.4th 828; Randi W. v. Muroc Joint Unified School District (1997) 14 Cal. 4th 1066.
Attorney Righthand grew up in New York, and is married with two children. He is an avid fan of New York and San Francisco sports teams. Attorney Righthand and his wife proudly support a number of charities and causes that they believe in, including the Breast Cancer Fund, the NRDC, the Ronald McDonald House and the Green Chamber of Commerce.
- J.D., Hastings College of Law, University of California, 1979
Research Editor, Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly, 1978-1979.
- B.A., University of Colorado, 1975
- California, 1979
Awards & Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2009-2019
Best Law Firms 2019
- Northern California Super Lawyers, 2007-2019
- Fellow – Litigation Counsel of America
- Nominee for Street Fighter of the Year Award – Consumer Attorneys of California, 2009
- Nominee for Consumer Attorney of the Year Award – Consumer Attorneys of California, 2009
- Listed in the Bar Association Register of Preeminent Lawyers, 1982-2015
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Rated Superb by Avvo
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Member, Forum Committee on the Entertainment and Sports Industries, 1979-1989
- State Bar of California
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- The American Association for Justice
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- Hollis, New York August 1, 1953